Welcome to Center for Social Inclusion’s Race in the Race Conference call.
We’re on NOW! Scroll down for speaker links…
Conference call information:
Date: TODAY, Thursday, October 30th, 2008
Time: 2pm EST (11am PST)
Call Number: 218-936-7999
Access Code: 813569
REMEMBER: listeners on the call are muted, so send your questions to email@example.com at any point before or during the call. We want your questions!
Please note that this call will be recorded and posted to our website after the call is complete.
Here are some links we’ll review on the call.
- FoxNews: Hip-Hop-Dancing Colin Powell Fuels Speculation He’ll Endorse Obama
- Limbaugh repeats Powell accusation: ‘It was totally about race!”
- New Nebraska Network: Lee Terry’s Message To Voters: “Let’s Stick It To The Towelheads!”
- ThinkProgress: Lousiana Lawmaker Faults Media For Focusing Attention On His Eugenics Proposal
- NY-26: “Hispanics Will Start a New Civil War,” Crazy Jack Davis (D) Says
- Campaign for America’s Future: Firing Back on the CRA Libel
- RaceWire: Racist Conservatives Wrong About Immigrants and Mortgage Crisis
- Media Matters: Conservative radio hosts claimed HUD said 5 million illegal immigrants were given subprime mortgages, despite HUD’s reported denials
- Salon: Glen Greenwald: National Review asks: Did WaMu fail because it employed minorities?
- Minnesota Independent: Who was the worst offender in Lakeville–the questioner or the candidate?
- CNN Campbell Brown: So what if Obama were a Muslim or an Arab?
- Washington Post: Does Your Subconscious Think Obama Is Foreign?
- Media Matters: Conservative media figures allege Obama’s Hawaii trip is about discredited birth-certificate rumors, not his ailing grandmother
- Right Wing News: Barack Obama Is An American Citizen
- Michele Malkin: Why that McCain volunteer’s “mutilation” story smells awfully weird
- FOX News FOX Forum: Moment of Truth
- Times-Picayune: Name game can have racial tinge
- CultureKitchen: Lynch Mobbing 2.0 : On “Hussein” as the new “Nigger”
2) There’s a science to evaluating Symbolic Racism
Difference between racism and unconscious bias
- NY Times: What? Me Biased?
- Washington Post: See No Bias
- Implicit Association Test
- FreedomWatch Ad – images criminalizing Central American immigrants to attack universal healthcare policies
- The Art of Reframing Political Debates (Ryan and Gamson)
4) Make discrimination visible
5) Taking Action
6) Next steps
7) Media coverage of StopDog and the Center for Social Inclusion
- Stopdog in the NY Times
- FOXNews: McCain’s Usage of ‘That One’ Sparks Questions of Intent
- KPFK-LA Uprising, Tue, October 28, 2008@19:30
- Hatemail for StopDog
Filed under: Uncategorized |